Joe's been taking it easy. Since he has accumulated many more flying hours than a lot of the other co-pilots in the squadron, he's has some free time on his hands. It's kind of funny, the days he doesn't have to fly he basically gets to hang out at home!! So now that I'm working 8 hours a day, I leave a "honey do" list for him to take care of since I can't do it all myself anymore.
Let's see... last weekend we went to the Captain's Party. I only recently found out that when you get promoted to captain, you donate your entire month's raise toward the party! That's like $800!!!! So I guess this time next year, I won't get to see a dime of that first month's raise... instead it will be going to food, alcohol and other party related items for everyone else to enjoy. Bitter sweet I suppose.
In our spare time (which is rare these days now), we play Dr. Mario (thanks to our dear friends Jay & Susan). We downloaded it to our Wii and it's SO addicting. It also doesn't help Joe and I are both EXTREMLEY competitive! He takes losing better than me (hehe, good thing too because I dominate in that game!). Because it rained for literally two weeks straight, we didn't get out much. It finally started to clear up this last weekend, however the forecast is still calling for more never-ending thunderstorms. Oh, and as of June 1 we're in a constant stateof TCCORR4. It's means withint 72-hours we could have winds over 50pmh. Pretty much, be prepared for a typhoon to come within 72-hour notice. You'd think that would motivate Joe and I to complete our typhoon kit, but sadly enough we only have a few gallons of water, flashlights, extra batteries... and that's about it. We'll do it this weekend!!! (That's what we ALWAYS say though!).
In other news, I finally got my first paycheck! We've been saying that we were going to buy a new kitchen table, but we were going to wait until I started working. We went out to this store owned by Americans that sell all Ashley Furniture stuff and immediately found the perfect table for us!!! It's that pub style (higher table), dark sturdy brown wood, with 8 chairs. We debated between 6 or 8 but figured more is better! We get it delivered next weekend and we can't wait to have friends over to test it out!!
I know this month I haven't posted a new picture of my toes, but it's because I haven't gone yet!!! There's a groups of girls who want to go, we just now have to figure out when we will actually go. I always get so excited to go to CoCok's!!!
If you're wondering why this blog is so long, it's because I'm home sick today from work. Over the weekend I started developing a nasty little cold... sore throat, body aches, fever, nasal congestion... the works. Anyway, must be all the nasty little germs all the kiddies carry at work. Dang! I was doing well and hadn't been sick in quite some time too. Anyway, I'm just taking it easy, watching the "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" marathon (it was more amusing before Heidi & Spencer left... for real) and waiting for Joe to come home from work. Hope all is well and all you daddy's out there had a great Father's Day!!! And no one likes a post without some pictures... so here are some random photos I've taken lately:

This is a picture our friend Susan took of Brody! It's my all-time favorite picture of him!
Joe and I at Torii Beach at the Captain's Party. Right after the sun had just set.
This is called Dr. Fish. These little fish nibble at your feet, eating the dead skin, calluses (sp?), etc. I hear it's kind of weird, but that the fish can also spread germs. We opted just to watch and not partake. Very interesting!
Japanese books are read backwards. You start from the back, they read right to left, and up and down in columns. Very different!
We LOVE the broken English the Japanese use all over the place!! This was on the Sega Building (video game place). Too funny. Oh, if you're wondering why the second picture is blurry, it's because the humidity instantly fogged up my lens when I took if out of my purse!
YUMMY Korean BBQ restaurant!!! American's refer to this place as "The Communist Korean"... any guesses why? (We make up names for restaurants since no one can read Japanese.)

4 comments:
That picture of Brody is adorable! Definitely frame-worthy. :)
Shame about the captain's party...I think I'm going to have to veto having one...$800 is too much to waste on a party!! And how cute is Brody?!
i loved your post bc such similiarities between you and joe that rob and i have. we always play games and i am such a sore loser and he is so good at losing. unfortunetly, i dont often win anyways :(
also, i have this terrible, terrible cold too after counseling at a kids camp. seriously, never have had anything this bad before. my throat hurt so bad i thought i had strep, but it was just part of this horrendous cold! hope you're feeling better!
:) Brody is a cutie!!! I'm going to definitely frame it. Liz, I agree about the captain's party... not sure if it's a base-wide tradition (although I think it is) however, I guess we have another year to prepare for it. Boo. Amanda, I feel your pain about being sick! I read on Facebook you're taking Claratin-D, I took that last year a few times and it worked pretty well. Hope all is well for everyone!
Post a Comment