Sunday, July 26, 2009

CoCo's!

I know I've mentioned CoCo's before, but Joe and I love it so much, it deserves it's own blog entry! Now, don't get CoCo's Curry House confused with my other beloved CoCok's where I get my pedicures done!
CoCo's was one of the first restaurants we heard about when we got to the island. We heard it was a favorite among American's and we were to try it out immediately! It is obviously a popular spot for Americans... almost everytime we go it's ALL Americans... maybe one or two Japanese peoples. I'll be honest, the first time I went and saw the pictures on the menu, I was not impressed. The first time we went we went with some other friends and we talked about how in America food is all about how it tastes AND looks. Visually, the meals I suppose don't seem that appealing... brown curry, some meat and a bunch of white rice. Well, looks can be deceiving because let me tell you, the food is amazing!!! The service is great too!! The first time we went, we didn't know that you're supposed to push a little electronic bell on the table for the servers to come to your table to take your order. We just sat and sat and sat there! Now we practically don't even need to look at the menus and order immediately!
There are tons of different options you can do to your curry. You choose your spice level starting at mild, regular then on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the hottest). I'm a baby and can't really handle spicy food and I get mild. Joe switches it up sometimes getting anywhere from a level 3-6. Some of our friends love to get level 10 and it's funny to watch them literally sweat throughout their meal! You can add all sorts of different toppings and of course you can't go to CoCo's without getting their delicious nan bread! I'm not sure what makes it so good, but it's so soft and yummy! I always order their mango milk lassie, which is so good! Probably the only milk I really enjoy drinking. Joe said on his last trip to Hawaii he saw a CoCo's Curry House! I'm excited to hear it's made it to the states! I think every state should have CoCo's!


Here's a picture of our typical meal:

Did I mention we go here... at LEAST once a week? :)

No comments: