Well, as you know, we were struck with our own earthquake the day before the big Chile one. When I woke up on Sunday and heard about the one in Chile, I just couldn't stop thinking "thank goodness it wasn't us".
All day we were pretty much in a tsunami warning. They had predictions it was going to hit Hawaii hard. We have several friends/family out there and were concerned. It blew over with no major waves.
They then predicted it was going to hit us hard, and I received several calls from the squadron (thank goodness they keep the spouses informed even while husbands are away) about people who live 30ft or below sea level need to evacuate. Fortunatley, on base is considered part of the "green" zone and we hopefully wouldn't be affected. Although, they were claiming it wasn't just going to affect people on the coasts, but the entire island.
The warning was in place until 5:00pm. Fortunatley, nothing came from it (10cm waves!) and all was clear. I think we were all exhausted from all the worrying that weekend!!! I hope Mother Nature doesn't have any other surprises up her sleeves. Thanks everyone who was concerned for us, and I'm thankful we were all okay in the end!
Finish #17
1 week ago

1 comment:
Wow, thank goodness you're ok. I can only imagine how scary that must have been!
Post a Comment