-Joe returned from his 2 month deployment! It's great to have him back! We're busy getting the house ready for Baby B, and he's already back to the grind and busy at work. He unfortunately was stuck in Guam for the big ultrasound...
-I'm busy trying to wrangle my 2nd graders. Just kidding, they're great kids and I'm fortunate to have such a great class! I would love them more if they stopped giving me their yucky germs...
-On that note, I've been toilet-bowl sick twice so far and it wasn't pregnancy related. Once was food poisoning and the other was a 24-hour stomach bug my kids so graciously gave me!
-We found out Baby B is a BOY! Happy, happy, joy, joy! Even though Joe couldn't be there, I was able to share the news with him over Skype! He was really excited and all our friends and family were too! It's wonderful finally knowing the sex... I feel more connected to him already! His ultrasound went well! At my follow-up appointment they said everything checked out great, I'm right on track with my weight, my blood pressure is perfect, and the triple screen blood work tests all came back negative (which test for chromosomal abnormalities which could cause birth defects). Baby B weighed in at exactly 1 lb and is still measuring to be due on March 9, 2011!
-Since finding out the sex, I've been able to finally do some shopping! We ordered the crib and matching furniture and are awaiting for it to arrive. We bought a glider and ottoman which Joe already put together. We bought our pack-n-play and soothing vibrating bouncy chair, and are debating about which car seat and stroller we want to get. We have bought every single airplane outfit the BX carries! My mom has ordered Baby B's blue and brown airplane crib set!!! I can't wait to set up the nursery! We are in the process of getting rid of our guest bed (Kella is going to be extremely depressed), but we have a nice futon we got to put in the office for guests (maybe Kella will learn to like the futon instead).
-Pregnancy has been treating me fairly kind up until now. My growing belly is still in the "cute" stage and I really love my bump! :) My students keep saying I only have a "medium sized belly". I only had on and off nausea throughout the first trimester. I experienced a bit of round ligament pain and my lower back is beginning to become awfully achy... but otherwise I can't complain! My clothes are getting quite snug but I'm proud to still fit into my regular pants with a hair-tie extender to close the button. I'll have to hunt down some fall/winter maternity clothes soon though!
We don't have any big plans for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Since Joe took leave last year, it was pretty much a given he wouldn't be getting any this year. We will probably be getting together with all our fellow friends who won't be going home either, which always makes the holidays a bit more enjoyable!
Both my mom and Joe's mom are tentatively planning to come visit when Baby B arrives and we're excited to see family and have the extra help I'm sure we'll be needing! We're hoping to do a big stateside vacation over the summer... all our friends say when the baby is a few months old is the best time to travel!!! So hopefully Joe can get leave approved so we can hop around the states visiting family! I think it'll be a blast and I will have the summer off from school! We're keeping our fingers crossed it will work out!
We hope all is going well for everyone else. I hope to find more time to update everyone! Please visit out Totsite for weekly updates/photos!

No comments:
Post a Comment