My friend, Susan, hosted a wonderful baby shower for me last weekend. It was great to celebrate with so many friends here on island, and Baby B was even spoiled with lots of gifts by a ton of friends and family in the states too! I'll post pictures soon.
I've enjoyed pregnancy, but I must admit I'm ready for it to be over and to hold my little guy! Between the achy back, the constant need to go to the bathroom (also causing lack of sleep since I get up every hour), the swollen feet/hands, stretch marks and limited clothing options... I'm ready for a change! :) I'm looking forward to working my way back to pre-baby clothes, sleeping on my stomach/back, and not having so many aches and pains all the time. I will however miss the precious kicks and thumps from inside my belly!
Now it's time to get ready for the big day. We still have many things to do which include getting the paperwork for the hospital filled out, finish packing my hospital bag, washing the rest of the clothes/blankets that keep on coming in as gifts, and get things ready for work when I'm gone. I'm so fortunate to be able to take a generous 12 weeks of unpaid leave (I'm not complaining) and will return for the last month of school. It's great to have such a strong support system and them allowing me to take so much time to be with my baby!
We'll try to keep everyone posted! Of course, FB is the best place for that! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment