Tuesday, September 6, 2011

So.Dang.Tired

It was great to have a long weekend, but I did go into work on my day off to try and get some stuff done. It seems like my To-Do list is never ending and I feel like I get nearly nothing accomplished after 4-hours of being in my classroom!

It's only  Tuesday, and the title says it all. I AM SO TIRED! It doesn't help I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Ty decided to wake up at 4:15am, and not go back to sleep until it was 5:10... really... 5 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. ::yawn::

My morning consisted of battling my way through insane Okinawan traffic driving to work, running a bazillion copies, skimming reading my gazillion e-mails on Outlook (I sure hope I didn't miss anything important), getting the board set-up, passing out Morning Work to all the tables, take a second to inhale a muffin, quick potty break... and before I know it, the bell is ringing and I need to go outside to greet my 19 smiling 1st graders.

The day was another blur.  I taught them how to do rotating centers, we had another a fire-drill, computer lab training, library training, lunch, specials, and somewhere in there we managed to clean the room and pack-up for the day. Exhausting.

It's a short week... Friday is a half day for kiddos since we have an afternoon of training {joy}. I know the rest of the week will go by quickly, but then it just means another week I need to prepare for. We already are scheduled for a full-day training next week... which means I have got to get my Sub Binder and sub plans ready asap!

Ok, the clock is reading 8:18... I'm impatiently awaiting for Ty's laundry to finish so I can crawl go to bed in hopes to get more than 5 hours of sleep tonight. Puh-lease sleep in a little longer tonight, Ty!!! :)

Alright, this post was random and was more just ranting about my cah-razy day, but it killed some time while I waited for the laundry. I'm 12 kinds of tired and I'm peacing out! :P

1 comment:

Amanda said...

seriously, dont know how you teachers do it! the best thing about my job is clocking in and out. you are making an impression on your little ones though. i remember my first grader teacher, Mrs. Smith, just loved her. hope you are able to get a good nights rest! have a great week!