Joe and I got back from the cruise fairly late Sunday evening (after the long 12-hour drive from Tampa) and only had a one day turn around to do laundry, un-pack/re-pack for the holidays. We spent Christmas in Huntsville, AL with my parents and brother. It was the first Christmas my whole family has been together in over 4 years.
Christmas was nice- great food, great presents and great company to spend it with. The pups enjoyed tearing open their new toys and I have to say, everyone got really great gifts (Joe and I got quite a few awesome gifts from our registry from our parents along with new iPods from my brother). We can't wait to go shopping and use all the giftcards we received! Hoepfully we have time to get all of that done before the packers come!!
Speaking of moving, we hope to put in our final pack-out dates next week when the offices are open from New Years. We will have our unaccompanied baggage shipment on the 7th (all the stuff we want right away because the rest of our "stuff" will take longer to get there)... so that means some of the essentials... like a few pots/pans/plates/silverware/glasses, sheets, small TV (who can't live without that?), towels, etc. Then we need to organize the rest of our things for our baggage shipment (everything else that's not going into storage) and hopefully Joe can help me get that ready before he goes to resistance training for three weeks. Yes, this means I will be handling all the packers/movers by myself. I'm a little worried/stressed, but hopefully it will go smoothly.
So in the mean time, we have lots of packing (we will be living out of whatever suitcass we pack for probably a month or even longer), cleaning and going through all our stuff (it always amazes me how much "stuff" I'm able to accumulate in one year time period... and now that there are two of us and two dogs, let's say we've accumulated a LOT in the last year), organizing our things into what shipment things need to be packed up in, and then getting things ready to be stored. The biggie will be my car. Of course the AF can't make anything easy. They only have certain storage locations we can go to, so that means we have to drive my car to Atlanta and fnd a way back. It would make sense for them to pay for a one-way flight or rental car seeing that they are the reason we have to store the car in the first place, but no. We have to find our own way back to wherever we are staying for the time being. Thankfully my parents are willing to drive with us, and drive us back to their house (where the dogs and I will be camping out after everything gets packed up).
Anyway, if you haven't gotten bored enough to stop reading this blog (I wouldn't blame you, I'm just rambling) you can see how much we have to do in such little time!!! I'm hoping we can get everything done! It's going to be a busy start to the new year!!!
Finish #17
1 week ago

1 comment:
wow! i know you can get it all done but it does sound like quite a task. itll be quite the learning experience for next time around. ahh! the life of the military wife. now i understand a little bit more what my mom had to go through!
Post a Comment