Things are successfully starting to work out for this move! I posted an email on the spouses forum and we were able to sell Joe's Jeep for a great price, a desk, our lawn mower/weed eater and a dog crate (we're buying bigger ones for the move).
We also have things under control for the dogs. We have some paperwork to submit, appointments made and then more paperwork to drive around MS to get stamped and approved for their trip. It may seem like a lot of money, time and driving, but they are worth it and I can't imagine not taking them with us. I just hope they don't freak out too much on the long plane ride. The vet said no tranqualizers because it's too long of a trip (something about their body temperatures will get too low). Plus Kella having separation anxiety will be interesting to deal with as well.
We're slowly beginning to get the house cleaned, clean enough for the 5 million page long checklist of things to do before we move out for inspection, but it's a slow process. I'm still unwrapping wedding gifts and finding places to put them, even though they're going to be packed right back up in a few weeks. Crossing our fingers we get the dates we want for the three shipments, I will need to be getting things ready for the unaccompanied baggage shipment very soon!!!
Other than moving mayhem, we have been just relaxing and spending time together. We had a quiet little New Year's Eve (since the few friends we know in Columbus were out of town) with going out to eat and renting a movie. We hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve and has a great 2009!!!
Finish #17
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment