Monday, January 12, 2009

One down, two to go!

This morning I had the packers come and do the unaccompanied baggage shipment. It's a shipment where we can send up to 950 pounds of things (excluding furniture) that we would like to have right away. I sent the essentials... bedding, towels, kitchen items, small tv, Wii (we need some form of entertainment), clothes, etc. It was hard choosing things I want/need, because those are the things I use all the time and kind of need right now, up until the move. It was hard parting with some things like pots/pans, but I only sent half of them so hopefully that will suffice.

It only took about two hours for them to pack everything up, and we only needed one container! (They pack them in big clear containers to go by plane). Our other household goods shipment is next week. It will be a two day process... one to pack and one to load-up the truck. My mom is coming out (thank goodness) to help me with this one since it's a biggie, and to help me clean the house as well! It's pretty tough to get it done alone and I would probably kill myself if I had to. Thank goodness for great family and great friends/neighbors! The neighbors are generously offering for me and the pups to stay with them after the house is empty and we have to wait two more days for the temporary storage shipment to come. My mom will stay at the on-base hotel and Friday we will hit the road!

It's all happening pretty quick and I'm just counting my blessing for all the help and support I have. It's all getting done, slowly but surely and I'm pretty proud of myself! Sure I grew up movnig all the time, but my parents did all the dirty work... I was usually at a friend's house. This time, it's me doing all the big scary stuff, and I guess it's not so bad afterall. I'm just now hoping our stuff makes it all without being lost or broken :)

No comments: