I'm actually just taking a few minutes to relax, breathe and digest everything that I need to do in the next few days and weeks. The last few days have been non-stop, and it's been really tiring! The list of things to do seems to be getting longer and not shorter.
Joe left today for resistance training in WA for three weeks and I'm here rattling my brain how I'm going to get everything done in time for the packers. Joe helped a lot in the short time frame we had to get things done. Since Monday, when everyone was back at work from the holidays, we were able to get paperwork done for the move, confirm our travel accomodations, get things in order for the dogs, begin cleaning the house, sell a bunch of things (including Joe's Jeep), make several trips to the Thrift Store to give away tons of things we really don't need, and of course, pack.
The hard thing for Joe is he not only had to pack for his 3-week TDY in Washington where it is an average temperature of freezing right now, he had to pack all the things he wants to bring with him for the few weeks he has to spend in MS, and what things he wants in Japan. He packed everything from long underwear and wintercoats to bring to WA and board shorts and flip-flops for Japan (it's an average of 60-70 degrees this time of year) and gets to lug all of it on our travels because the packers will have already packed the house up when he gets back from WA!
I guess I have it a little easier on the packing side. I'm just packing what I think I'll need in Japan until our household goods show up. I'll probably throw some clothes in the baggage shipment as well (small shipment which will arrive as soon as we get there). It's hard to calculate what events we'll be going to, the weather, if I'll actually land any immediate interviews, and if I do what kind of work clothes I would need. That's thinking optimistically of course... I should just not bring any professional dress clothes and that'd be the time I'd actually get a job and need it. Wishful thinking...
Well, it's time to go scrub the grill and firepit so they can go into storage. Not my idea of fun, but it's gotta be done. If you don't hear from me for some time, it's because I'm swamped with a million things to do by myself. I promise to stay in better touch with everyone once I have some time on my hands again :)
Coping Columns
8 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment