
Yesterday we left our hotel (our 10 days of free lodging from the government was up) so we moved in with our friends to their townhouse until our house is available. So after we settled in, we went to this neat little cafe' by their house which is directly by the seawall! The seawall is literally a wall that is next to the sea. The military is constantly going out to paint it, but the next day there will be tons of new grafatti. The weather was really beautiful.... 77 degrees and sunny! Such a beautiful island!

The seawall. What an amazing view!

Yay for wearing tank-tops and flip-flops in February!

Yes, it says gum syrup. It's their form of sweetner for teas. It's really thick but it does the trick! I thought it was pretty neat.

After the cafe' we went to drop my car off to get fixed. It seems like a few years ago someone put really cheap tint on the back window and it has since bubbled up and it made it impossible to see out the rearview window. A little dangerous! So I brought it in and who knew it was so complicated to remove. Anyway, four hours and 10,000yen $100) later it was all fixed. In the mean time we had tons of time to kill so we ventured out to find Jusco, which is like a mall,/department store. VERY different from in the states, but was cool to walk around and explore. I couldn't figure out the store though. Instead of being separate stores with walls, they had these little stalls with signs, which I assumed meant it was a separate 'store' from the rest of the mall. Prices were hefty and the styles were less than desirable (my opinion at least). We went to the grocery part of the store and the bakery was awesome! you get a little carry basket and pick up whatever items you'd like and bring them to the register to pay and have them bagged. Joe and I grabbed a pastry for a quick snack. Afterwards we wandered around to an area known as "American Village". It has all sorts of little shops selling "American" clothes, clothing styles, and food. Then suddenly the clouds rolled and and down came the rain so we called it an early afternoon and headed back to our friends house to just relax before going to pick up my car.

I've also discovered the Japanese LOVE vending machines! They're literally everywhere you go. This really doesn't show justice of how many vending machines of little toys there were, because it was on the other side of the wall- seriously, there were hundreds of them! They also have them all over the roads with tons of drinks and little snacks too.
Last night we also found a Indian Restaurant that was really good!!! Afterwards the guys went out to mingle with some other people but I was exhausted (I haven't been able to stay awake past 9:30pm) and they weren't going out until 10:00, so I opted to stay in and catch up on sleep. It did wonders and today I was able to sleep in until 8am... a new record!!! Anyway, that's about all for now. Until next time!
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you and Joe are figuring things out! The car look great and I can't wait to see what the house looks like! I am so jealous that you are wearing tanks and flip flops! I hope that you guys continue to do well! Keep us posted! Miss you!
Post a Comment