We're really enjoying it here, and the weather really just adds to it and makes it all the better. Who wouldn't enjoy perfectly blue skies, 78 degree temperatures and gorgeous beaches to lay out on? I know we need to take advantage of the temperature right now because before we know it, it's going to be scalding hot outside. People keep warning us the humidity is crazy hot here, like nothing you've ever experienced before. I keep saying we just moved from Columbus, MS where it was pretty humid and they keep saying it's worse, just wait and see. Soooo, I guess we'll have to wait and see! All I remember is it being so miserably hot outside in MS that I would break into a sweat just walking down the driveway to check the mail! I'm not going to complain though, because I will take hot and humid any day over cold/rain/snow.
We hope to go to the botannical gardens and another new beach this weekend. We are absolutely loving it here and all the places there are to go explore and enjoy. It helps having some really great friends! Of course we already have another new restaurant we've been eyeing... The Garlic House! Everything you've ever dreamed of made in garlic.... fish, pasta, pizza, meat, etc! We can't wait!
Other than our weekend adventures, I've been spending time with some friends during the weekdays just hanging out and exploring the island. I STILL haven't started my job but I know they'll call sooner or later, it's just how it is and I have to be patient! I know before long I'll be wishing I had days off to just be lazy and lounge around all day. Isn't that how it always is (wishing you had work when you don't and vice versa)? I've also decided to put off applying to the Master's program I've been looking into until the fall semester. I'd rather be settled with my job and know how much time/energy I'll have during the week to commit to the program, rather than starting this month and trying to start a new job at the same time. Also, it gives me time to persuade myself to get motivated for school again. I can't lie, I've really been enjoying time off of school- no mid-terms/finals, research papers, etc. has been nice, but I think it's time I get back into the swing of things before I decide I never want to go back!!! Joe is still looking for the right Master's program as well... it's tough being overseas and choosing the right school.
Anyway, hope all is going well for all of you who follow our blog!!! We miss everyone and want to remind you that our guest room is always available!!! They have weekly flights (if you're military) out of Seattle to Okinawa on the Space-A rotater (commercial flight though!).
Araha Beach!
The Japanese are afraid of the sun. Even when not at the beach, they walk around with little umbrellas to shield themselves from the sun. They even have curtains on their windows in their cars to block out the sun while they're driving...hm, safety hazard? When it's in the upper 70's you'll see them wearing pants and sweatshirts. I know I've heard before Asian's don't like to have tans because the poor worker people get tans from working in the sun. I'm not sure if that applies here, or if they're just modest... you won't see many girls prancing around in bikini's... they usually wear t-shirts in the water.
Joe studying up before his flight... and Brody keeping him company. Joe's been flying a lot lately, I think he's had 10 sorties so far. He's almost mission qualified!
The dogs are enjoying it here too... they have the life! Lounging around in the sun, or getting attention from mom and dad! They're quite the happy pups.

No comments:
Post a Comment