Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thought I'd post and let people know what we've been up to since I have some free time on my hands. Joe's busy flying and working all weekend, so the house is really quiet! With that said, Joe has been flying a lot lately. They are assigning "office jobs" to the newer co-pilots and Joe is excited to hear he is going to get a pretty good one. It's not for sure yet, but I'll let everyone know when he does. That just means when he's not flying, he'll probably be spending most of the "work-day" at the office. No more staying at home and working out whenever he wants!

I've been keeping myself busy with tutoring. I tutor 8 students from age 5-12. It's been a lot of fun and I really enjoy helping students become more confident! I FINALLY finished my paperwork to substitute at the DoDDS schools. It took a long time to fill it all out again, get the fingerprints and background checks completed, but hopefully it will be worth it!

It's finally beginning to "cool" down here. This week it rained a lot and was in the lower 80's/upper 70's. It's funny how 70 degrees here feels a bit chilly! I know, you're thinking I'm crazy but it's true. When it gets to the 60's people will be wearing winter jackets!!! I'm enjoying the cooler weather. I LOVE summer time, but I think I am summer-ed out! Bring on the "fall like" weather Okinawa! I'm ready to bring out my sweaters and boots!

The new house is great, I really enjoy finding new things to decorate it with and finally feeling like it's our "home" because we'll be here for another 2 1/2 years without having to move again (hopefully!). I did have a bit of a scare the other day when security forces came running to my (well my entire neighborhood) door. The man told me I needed to evacuate from the house immediately due to threats in the area. Of course I hadn't showered, eaten anything or gotten ready for the day. I gathered the dogs up on their leashed, threw in their water bottle in my purse, some crackers and threw my hair up and got in the car. They told us to go to a parking lot by the high school. When I got there, there were already a good amount of people there, just waiting around. I called Joe and told him to come home. He tried, but as soon as he got close to our house he said all the roads were being blocked off! I waited in the car for about an hour and then they gave us the all-clear to go home. I was worried, but it turned out to be ok. It's never really a good sign when SF wants you to evacuate from your own house! Hopefully that will be the last time that happens!

We hope everyone is doing well. We'll be sure to take more pictures of things going on with us soon.

No comments: