Well, I can't believe it, but it's already been over a year since we've been here in Okinawa!!! I must admit, it went be REALLY fast!!! I can't believe that in that year, we really haven't had the chance to travel around yet! It's okay because one of our New Year's Resolutions is to travel, travel, travel!!! It's easier said than done (okay, I know that sounds like an excuse!) but trying to get leave approved, making arrangements for the dogs, taking time off work... it's so trouble-some! Anyway, we plan to make a trip to Tokyo in April so keep your fingers crossed Joe can get leave approved. We also have our minds set on making trips to China, Korea, Thailand, Hawaii, and possibly Australia!!! We'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
In the last year, we've experienced and gone through a lot of changes!!! New "home", new cars (driving on the other side of the road), new phones, new language to become accustomed to, new culture, new friends, new jobs, new bases, new everything!!! We are enjoying our time here and trying to make the most of this assignment, but we do admit, we're anxious to see what our next assignment will be! We're ready to head back to the states and be able to do some of those big "firsts" a lot of our friends have had a head start on such as buying their first house, new cars, and starting their families.
It must be the military brat built in me, but I'm continuously keeping me eye on the future and dreaming about what it holds! I think that after three years here, we will definitely be ready for a change of pace. Island fever has affected Joe and I in different ways at various times. Simple leisure's like shopping at the mall, eating at a specific restaurant, or just missing family and friends sometimes makes being thousands of miles away that much harder at times.
Our lives are constantly full of changes and surprises. We're excited and ready to see what's in store for us!
Finish #17
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment