Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gobble Gobble

Joe came back last weekend and we packed up our stuff and headed to Huntsville to visit with my parents! Thanksgiving was great!!! I can honestly say I don't think I've ever felt so "full" and consumed so much food in such a short period of time!!! My mom cooked her amazingly yummy traditional Thanksgiving menu and boy, it was good! Let's just say a 20lb turkey for four people (okay, and three constantly begging pups) with all the other side dishes and three different pies... is a LOT of food! I'm not complaining though, I love home-cooked meals! I just hope I can still fit in my wedding dress...

Of course there wasn't a dull moment. To start the little "vacation" off, Kella ran away! She managed to push the big wooden gate open and run out. Of course, typically she's a lazy princess who just stares at you when you toss a ball for her to chase. But no, apparently when she's not attached to a leash and has no fences surrounding her, she some how summons up bundles of energy which in turn meant a 20 minute (which felt more like hours) chase through the neighborhood. Mind you, my parents new neighborhood which I am not familiar with! I was running through people's backyards and she managed to run so far I didn't really even know where I was. Exhausted and running in shoes not suitable for a full-on dog chase made me realize how out of shape I am! Hah. Anyway, needless to say a woman must have seen me running after my crazy dog and stepped outside to distract her long enough for me to snag her by the collar. Great! However, then it sunk in I had no way to get her back other than carrying her... and let's just say a 41lb dog after a good 20 minute full on chase is not the best combination. My arms felt like jell-o and I wanted to cry. I guess Joe and my mom finally realized I was no longer in the backyard and there were only two dogs instead of three... and finally came looking. Making it practically all the way back to the house, I ran into my mom and she had a leash so I could finally walk her back for the last 20 feet. UGH. Oh Kella...

I also have to admit during the break I decided to buy "Twilight" to see what all the buzz was about. Everyone I talked to assured me they didn't think they would like it but they love it and it wasn't the typical "vampire" storyline and that it was REALLY good. Let's just say in one night, I read over 200 pages and I am hooked. I'm already planning to make a trip to the bookstore this week to buy the other books from the series!!!

I think I can honestly say we have everything under control and taken care of for the wedding! The fun part now is packing out stuff, fitting it all in the car, and a nice long 12 hour car ride down to Tampa! I am in no way complaining though! I can not WAIT to see all my friends and family!!! It's a much needed break from Columbus, and I am so anxious! Just two weeks! However, until then Joe and I have a million and one things to take care of with the upcoming move. So if you don't hear from us, it's just because we're crazy busy!!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! For all our friends and family members coming to the wedding... we will see you soon! :)

No comments: