Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time is flying!

I can't believe it's only one month until our wedding!!! I am getting more and more excited each day, and can't wait to see all our friends and family members. I know it will be a great weekend!!! I'm finishing up last minute details and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I drive myself crazy thinking about various situations and scenarios trying to make sure there are no loose ends!

Joe should have his last ride before his checkride next week. Which means, if all goes well and weather stays nice, he will be back by Thursday!!! It's a little surreal, he's been gone for four months and I've just gotten used to him being gone! Now I'm frantically trying to clean (not that I don't clean regularly) and get things ready! Both the computer room and guest room have been taken over by countless boxes full of wedding things and clothes already picked out for the cruise. You're probably thinking that's crazy to already have things ready to go, but when Joe gets back, we have a TON of things to get done for the move, Thanksgiving, and then a week and a half later we drive down to Tampa!!!

Aside from wedding plans, I've been trying to stay busy working, updating resumes, submitting applications to teach overseas, and going through our stuff so we don't end up packing and moving useless junk that needs to be thrown away. I'm always amazed at how much "stuff" I can accumulate in a years worth of time! It's pretty ridiculous. Time for another donation to the Thrift Store.

The pups have been great... I think they thoroughly enjoy me being home with them more during the day. I'm worried about having to board them for nearly two weeks while we're in FL and on the cruise, but there aren't really any other options. Oh and I don't think I posted Joe booked and confirmed our flight from Seattle to Japan with the dogs on a Space-A flight! That means, we don't have to pay $1,600 for the dogs to fly commercially which is GREAT! Apparently, to travel overseas on a commercial flight, it's $800 a pet... not the news I wanted to hear but was so thankful when Joe snagged two seats for us and the pups... so much relief. Now we just have to work with the travel people to book us another Space-A flight from here to Seattle... fingers crossed!

We're officially moving February 18th and boy, I have a feeling time is sure going to fly. I hope we have enough time to wedding plan, enjoy the wedding, unwind from the wedding, organize the house, pack the suitcases which I assume we will be living out of for a few months, clean the house and get the 100 other things on the AF check list we'll have to do in order to move. Let's just say, we are going to be busy, busy busy!!!

No comments: