We've been in the house for two weeks and things are great!!! I think we have 90% of the boxes unpacked! We have a bunch of books to unpack but don't currently have the computer room set up. In large part because the big bookshelf is broken and we have to wait for the claim to go through.
Joe and I decided to treat ourselves to some bedroom furniture. We didn't get any in Columbus because the bedrooms were so tiny, we weren't sure it would all fit! The master bedroom here is a bit bigger and we have plenty of space for two dressers. Plus, the closets aren't as big, so I need to put all my clothes somewhere! :)
In the midst of unpacking and moving furniture around, we almost had a broken toe incident!!! All of a sudden, some furiture pieces leaning up against a wall started to fall over and Joe rushed over to catch it before it fell to the floor and broke. It all happened so fast so I'm not really even sure what happened, but something fell on his toe! He started yelling for me to "Get it off me!" and I wasn't really sure what he was referring to until I looked down and saw a pool of blood around his foot.
I instantly moved the big box off his toe and called our friend to ask if we should take him to the hospital over on Camp Lester. After giving it a few minutes and wiping up all the blood (good thing I'm not queazy at the sight of it!) he determined he didn't think it was broken. I rushed over to the Shopette to get the following items: bag of ice, gauze, large bandaids (2 different boxes) and motrin. The lady looked at me a little funny as I checked out.
Anyway, other than that one little incident, everything has been going well. We got the cable and internet set up in our house! We get about 70 channels (13 AFN and the other are regular cable channels which air one day later than it does in the states) which I think is amazing! When I lived in Germany we only had AFN. So it's great to be able to watch some of our favorite shows again!
I had a job interview today for a preschool position over on Camp Lester. The school is so cute and of course the kids are adorable. It's a full-time position which is great, but the downfall is it's for the next school year which is several months away!! Even if I get the job, I'll still be bored until then. Hmmm...
Joe's been busy catching up on reading, studying and preparing for his sims. He's had 4:30 wake-ups this entire week, but hopefully next week he'll be scheduled for afternoon sims. He's pretty tired from doing no work for several months on casual, to jumping in and being completley loaded down with tons to do all of the sudden. He's liking it, but he's anxious to actually start flying again.
For those of you who didn't get my email, we're on Skype now!! We hope to use it in replacement of phone calls to stay in touch with everyone!! It's free (you just need to have a webcam with a microphone). Let us know if you're on Skype so we can look you up!
Well, other than that we haven't been up to too much. Just trying to finish setting up the house. We've found a few really yummy places to eat too! Our newest favorite is CoCo's... it's a curry house. You can choose how hot you want your curry from a scale of 1-10!!! It's pretty intense and the guys really love to see how high they can go. Of course, I'm a wimp and I go with mild, which is below the 1. Hah. Oh well.
Anyway, hope all is well for everyone!!! We can't wait to talk to everyone on Skype!
Finish #17
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment