Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today Joe went on his first flight! He's been very anxious to get back in the plane; he hasn't flown since before Thanksgiving!!! That's a long time in the flying world. He is flying to Korea and refueling a bunch of planes- it's an 8-hour mission. He said if he gets to fly into Korea 10 times, he gets a special medal!

While he was gone today I decided to venture out into town. One of my favorite sites is www.okinawahai.com- it has lots of great information for places to eat, shop and things to do. I've been looking for places to shop and I heard about this little plaza down south by Camp Foster. I loooove going to the gift shop on Camp Foster (it's only open 4 days a week with varying hours) and they have the neatest stuff. So I figured after I went there I would go to the plaza that was pretty near by. I was proud of myself for finding it and not getting lost. Well sorta. The directions weren't exactly correct, it said to go down two stop-lights and turn right when really it was three stop-lights. No biggie! I found this store called UniGlo that reminded me of an Old Navy. Basic tee's and shirts for reasonable prices. They also had a shoe store, but their shoe styles aren't really my thing, and a HUGE 100yen store (it's similiar to a Dollar General, lots of thins for a buck, but also lots of other things for a few bucks). I found some great things for around the house for cheap! YAY!

Last night Joe and I were craving Mexican food so we went to this place we'd seen called Obligato. It was really good and we discovered that no restaurants use sour cream because the Japanese hate it! You have to go to a speciality shop to find it (or of course at the commissary). I also found my new favorite drink- mango juice!!! It's soooo good and I'm pretty much obsessed with it. They sell it in the little vending machines you see EVERYWHERE along with most restaurants. Now I just need to find a little shop that sells it in big bottles so I can have it at home :)

Today after running around town, I forced myself to get some things done around the house. I hung the curtains in the guestroom and hung up some decorations upstairs. I have three loads of laundry calling my name wanting to be put away but I lost my motivation and got side-tracked browsing at various shops online :)

I finally charged the battery on the camera and I hope to take lots of new pictures soon! For some reason my computer freezes everytime I try to upload new pictures on Facebook, so you'll just have to keep checking on here if you're interested in seeing photos. Hope all is well with everyone!!! Keep us updated with how you are!!

No comments: